Work with Head Coach to understand preferences for scrimmages. (how many?, Controlled vs scrimmage?)
Understand the differences between controlled scrimmages and scrimmages. Controlled scrimmages do not count toward your game total (Squirt/10U)
ALL SCRIMMAGES MUST BE ADDED TO YOUR CALENDARS BY THE ICE COORDINATOR REGARDLESS OF HOME OR AWAY!!!
- You may turn any of your pre-assigned solo practice times to host a home scrimmage
- If you are looking to schedule additional ice for a home scrimmage, it can only be on a weekend.
- Ice Coordinator WILL NOT swap your ice
- If schedule scrimmage before practice ice published – tell ice coordinator, will work around it.
Please follow these CCHA guidelines when scheduling scrimmages:
- Consult with your head coach -do not schedule without talking to them first
- Don’t do reciprocal scrimmages – have each team pay ½ cost of refs and ice
- Talk about payment expectations upfront with the other team
- We do not have ice for home weeknight scrimmages – please ask for weekend only
- Ice Coordinator MUST add ALL scrimmages to a calendar.
- Score sheets must be turned in for all scrimmages on D6 ice by home team
- Referees must be hired if you use the scoreboard
- D6 Referees must be hired if you bought the ice. $20 extra per ref if out of circle. (example: Your team and Eden Prairie go down to Mankato and buy ice, scrimmage and then go to a Mavericks game. You must use D6 referees and pay the surcharge. Recommended: if you go out of the circle, have the non D6 team buy the ice, then they will schedule the refs) THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL
If you have any doubts, consult the D6 Handbook or ASK